Libyan Cloud News Agency – Geneva
The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) announced on Saturday the list of candidates for the Presidential Council and Prime Minister positions, following the closing of the one-week period on 28 January for the submission of nominations.
UNSMIL confirmed in a statement that all candidates had pledged to respect the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum roadmap with regard to the preparatory period paving the way for the holding of national elections on December 24, 2021.
“The candidates also pledged that should they be selected for the executive authority, they will present to the relevant oversight authorities a declaration of their own movable and immovable assets inside and outside of Libya, as well as those of their spouses and minor children.” UNSMIL said.
They further pledged not to put themselves forward for elections at the end of the preparatory period and signed a legally-binding affidavit confirming their conformity to the existing Libyan nationality law.
With regard to candidates drawn from the military or judiciary authorities, the verification committee stipulated that their candidacies should conform with existing Libyan laws and regulations.
“Following its review of the matter but noting that this is a Libyan-owned process, it is the Mission’s position that these candidates should comply fully with the relevant laws and regulations with regard to engaging in political activities or running for political office.” UNSMIL pointed out.
UNSMIL will convene the full Libyan Political Dialogue Forum in Switzerland from 1 to 5 February for the voting process for the new temporary unified executive.
Candidates for the Presidential Council are:
- Idriss Suleiman Ahmed Al-Qaed
- Osama Juwaili
- Asaad Mohsen Zhaiou
- Khaled Al-Saeeh
- Khaled Ammar Al-Mishri
- Salama Ibrahim Al-Ghweil
- Suleiman Asweiker Awad
- Al-Sharif Al-Wafi
- Salahuddin Al-Namroush
- Tarek Abdallah Al-Ashtar
- Abdul Rahman Mohammed Abu Al-Qassem Al-Balazi
- Abdul Raheem Ali Mohammed Al-Shibani
- Abdullah Hussein Al-Lafi
- Abdul Majeed Ghaith Seif Al-Nasr
- Agila Saleh Qwaider
- Ali Abu Al-Hojob
- Ali Mahmoud Bukheirallah
- Omar Mahdi Aboushrida
- Majida Wefti
- Mohammed Al-Qammoudi Al-Hafi
- Mohammed Hassan Sleiman Al-Bargathi
- Mohamad Menfi
- Mustafa Abdulhamid Dallaf
- Mossa Al-Koni
Candidates for the Position of Prime Minister are:
- Amal Jarray
- Ahmed Omar Ahmed Meitig
- Osama Al-Sayd
- Eman Kishir
- Jamal Abu Bakr Omran Abughrein
- Al-Hermein Mohammed Al-Hermein
- Khaled Mohammed Abdullah Ghweil
- Daou Abdullah Abu Duwaiha
- Atef Miloud Al-Hassia
- Abdul Hamid Mohammed Dbeibeh
- Abdul Rahim Mokhtar Al-Montaser
- Abdul Razak Ahmad Abdul Qadir
- Othman Abdul Jaleel Mohammed
- Fathallah Hussein Abdul Karim Mohammed
- Fathi Ali Abdul Salam Bashagha
- Fadeel Al-Amin
- Mohammed Al-Ansari
- Mohammed Abdul Lateef Al-Montaser
- Mohammed Muin Mansour Al-Kikhia
- Mouftah Hamadi
- Hisham Abdullah Abu Shweikat